Cost-Effective Services For Nonprofit And Charitable Organizations
Johnson Hobbs Squires LLP provides advice, services and representation that enable nonprofit organizations to fulfill their missions. We establish nonprofit entities and help secure and maintain their tax-exempt status. Our law firm advises them regarding organization and governance issues. We provide services concerning contracts, real estate, employment disputes and other issues.
If you need assistance starting a nonprofit organization or dealing with the many legal and regulatory issues that a nonprofit faces, we can help. Call us at 254-262-3925.
Assistance For The Many Legal Matters Nonprofits Face
Johnson Hobbs Squires can assist your organization in matters involving:
- Formation of a nonprofit organization and filing required documents
- Certificate of Formation (Form 202)
- Consent of Registered Agent to Appointment (Form 401-A)
- Application for Reservation or Renewal of Reservation of an Entity Name (Form 501)
- Forms required to solicit donations (if applicable)
- Obtaining and preserving tax exempt status (Application for Recognition of Exemption — IRS Form 1023) and IRS Form 990
- Advice concerning governance and management issues
- Preparation, review and amendments to corporate bylaws and other corporate records
- Establishment of a conflict of interest policy that meets IRS requirements
- Drafting and review of vendor and employment contracts
- Purchase or lease of real estate
- Litigation involving contracts, employment law disputes and other disputes
- Other matters involving the formation, governance and operation of nonprofit organizations
Our nonprofit organization practice is headed by Mark C. Hobbs, a lawyer with extensive business law experience. has been board-certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He has also been named to the list of Texas Super Lawyers — Rising Stars by Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, in 2014 and 2015.
Making A Difference
At the firm, we are deeply committed to making Central Texas a better place in which to live, work and raise families. Several of our attorneys are actively involved in leadership positions in nonprofit institutions, including public charities, a local private foundation, churches, a youth ministry and a school.
Contact Our Firm