Business Formation, Acquisition And Succession
At Johnson Hobbs Squires LLP, we are committed to helping businesses grow and prosper. We provide services to business owners, corporate executives, entrepreneurs and investors designed to protect their interests and help them achieve their objectives.
We are located in Waco, Texas. Call us: 254-262-3925.
Our law firm can assist you at all stages of the business growth cycle in matters involving:
- Selection and formation of the optimal business entity — C corporation, S corporation, limited partnership, limited liability company
- Review of financing arrangements and documents
- Drafting, review and negotiation of contracts
- Tax planning
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Purchase and sale of business assets
- Employment law issues, including disputes between employers and employees
- Purchase and sale of commercial real estate
- Commercial leases
- Business succession planning, including transfer to adult children and/or key employees
We can provide services on an as-needed or general counsel basis.
An Experienced Business Counselor
Mark Hobbs, the leader of our business law practice, understands the issues facing businesses today. Prior to entering the legal profession, he earned an MBA with honors from Baylor University and served in an executive role for an Austin microprocessor manufacturer.
Much of our practice involves the minimization of legal and financial risks. Mr. Hobbs can review your situation and provide advice designed to help you comply with employment laws and federal, state and local regulations.
Business Succession Planning
When it comes time to sell your business or transfer it to the next generation, we can help you develop an effective business succession plan. Our extensive experience and practical understanding of business operations can provide you with an edge in this regard.
Keeping Legal Costs Reasonable
At the JHS firm, we consider ourselves to be a different kind of law firm. Rather than running up legal costs by billing by the hour, we offer several billing arrangements for our clients, including retainer and flat fees. This can provide you with a level of certainty regarding legal costs. In addition, we make use of the latest technology to reduce the cost of our services. As a small law firm with highly experienced attorneys, we are able to deliver results for our clients that provide real value to our clients.