An Efficient Full-Service Law Firm
For a free initial consultation about your legal matter, contact our team of attorneys at 254-633-3011 or by filling out this short contact form.
- Founding Partner
The Roosevelt Tower
400 Austin Avenue, 9th Floor
Waco, Texas 76701
Rod is founding partner of Johnson Hobbs Squires LLP and has more than 35 years experience in matters involving injury or death, especially those caused by defective products and workplace injuries.
Mr. Squires attended the University of Texas and upon graduation joined the accounting firm of Price Waterhouse located in Houston. Mr. Squires went on to earn his law degree from Baylor University School of Law and in 1981 was one of the founding partners of Williams Squires Brown & Gilliland, L.L.P.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
Certified Legal Specialties
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- J.D. - 1978
- University of Texas
- B.B.A. - 1975
Honors and Awards
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list by Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters Service, 2005 - 2017
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers Association, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Tex-ABOTA (President of Waco Chapter, 2007)
Past Employment Positions
- Price Waterhouse
Other lawyers recognize the value JHS is bringing to its clients. All three of JHS’s founding partners have been recognized by their peers as top lawyers in Texas in their respective practice areas.