Our team is comprised of experienced attorneys and legal professionals providing services in matters involving personal injury, complex civil litigation, estate planning and business law. Much of our work comes to us through referrals from other law firms, financial professionals and satisfied clients.
A Different Kind Of Law Firm
Several things distinguish us from other law firms:
First and foremost, our attorneys have earned wide recognition for their abilities from the legal community of Central Texas.
- Ryan C. Johnson was selected to the list of Thomson Reuters Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Stars for the years 2013 to 2016 and to the list of Thomson Reuters Texas Super Lawyers for 2016 through 2020.
- Mark C. Hobbs was selected to the list of Thomson Reuters Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Stars for the years 2014 and 2015.
- Rod Squires was selected to the list of Thomson Reuters Texas Super Lawyers for the years 2005 to 2017. He was also named one of the top 100 trial attorneys by the National Trial Lawyers professional organization.
- Scott H. James has been named to the Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers – Rising Stars list eight times (2007-2009, 2011-2015).
- Allison Goertz Harkins graduated cum laude from Loyola University-New Orleans College of Law, having earned Law Excellence Awards in Torts, Successions and Entertainment Law. She is licensed to practice in all Texas and Louisiana state and federal districts, as well as the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Garrett L. Beach graduated from Baylor University School of Law in 2016 with a concentration in estate planning and was named the Baylor Law Veterans Clinic Advocate of the Year in 2018.
- Aaron M. Wilkerson is a Registered Patent Attorney and Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) who offers clients experienced and comprehensive transactional, litigation and arbitration representation.
*Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, is a research-driven, peer influenced rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Second, we draw upon the knowledge of leading professionals across the country, including lawyers, engineers, doctors, accountants, financial planners, insurance experts, business succession planners, business consultants and other professionals.
Third, we are deeply skeptical of the continued viability of the traditional business model in which law firms perform services for hourly rates. This does a disservice to the client by driving up clients’ costs and lengthening the legal process. While we do provide services on an hourly basis, we also represent clients on contingency, even in commercial litigation cases. We are also able to provide services to many of our clients for a flat fee, to encourage efficiency and eliminate uncertainty over legal fees. Our attorneys are not evaluated based on the number of hours they bill, but on the quality of the work they deliver for our clients.
Fourth, we employ the latest communication and digital imaging technology in our practice. This reduces costs for our clients, keeps them informed and provides us with instant access to key documents.